Tired of putting down your Android tablet to check a new SMS on your phone? Me too. Cloud SMS is run on both your phone and tablet to allow you to send and receive SMS messaging from your tablet. My design goal was to build upon the stock Android Messaging app feel, with simplicity in mind.
This app works over the Internet and does not require bluetooth, does not share (or transmit) your contacts, and even hashes your account email for added security. All messages are transmitted over HTTPS with a high level of encryption for an added measure of security and privacy.
- Install and run on tablet.
- Install and run on phone.
- All done – send your first SMS from your tablet!
Looking to send a message to a phone number instead of a contact? *
Open Settings and change the Contact List Style to Contact Search / Number Entry. This option allows you to choose a contact by name with auto-complete, or by entering a phone number for the recipient.
- You will need to have the same Google account on both devices. If you have multiple accounts, you may have to select the right account in settings.
- MMS is not supported at this time, but will be added in the future.
What’s in this version : (Updated : Jan 4, 2013)
- Fixed MMS Attachment from New Message for Beta Users.
- Fixed a few reported bugs.
- More UI efficiency updates to improve list scrolling speed.
- Please email me with any issues, as I cannot respond to Reviews if you are experiencing any issues!
- Also looking for more Send MMS from Tablet Beta Testers!